Today I am 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant again. I am in my 5th pregnancy. Being pregnant again brings to the surface thoughts about the second and fourth times I was pregnant. The second time of course resulting in a beautiful baby boy who was born dead at 39 weeks 3 days gestation and my fourth time an early miscarriage between 5 and 6 weeks. Miscarriage is funny. It doesn't have the same tragedy as stillbirth associated with it for a lot of reasons. However it still hurt.
So now what?
I have had one ultrasound with this pregnancy so far (6 weeks, 4 days). I was diagnosed with subchorionic hematonias. Basically there are two blood clots on either side of the embryonic sac. I am on "pelvic rest." Sorry Steve. I am supposed to take it easy and try not to lift too much etc. I know that SCH increases risk of miscarriage but there really is no way to treat them. My dr said hopefully they will be reabsorbed. The concern is that they can start to bleed and result in my uterus cramping and then miscarrying the little being in there.
I will have another ultrasound around 12 weeks to check in. I am hoping the clots are gone. I am hoping the baby is alive and lively.
I never thought I would have this kind of trouble with pregnancy. I guess no one does.
No comments:
Post a Comment