Saturday, 10 December 2011

speaking of adoption......

After my son died I wanted to die. I physically hurt from emotional pain. I thought I would never feel better. I thought the pain would never stop being incapacitating. To remind myself of what I had to live for I made a list.


Things to do while I wait to die…
5 year plan (by 33 years old)
- continue to raise my daughter
- love my husband
- try to have more children
- apply for adoption
- travel to China to pick up a daughter
- travel to Scotland to pick up Robert
- travel to the Philippines to pick up Andrew
- play in a band (*started September 2011 - I play trumpet in the Red Deer Monday Night Band)
- finish the basement (*finished November 2011)
- start sewing quilts
- write the story of my second pregnancy, the death of my first born son and resulting grief
- take my family on a trip to Utah at Christmas time
- go to the temple with my husband (*we went to the Cardston Temple in October 2011)
- start my genealogy (* started my family history in November 2011)
- put money away for my children’s college educations
- make a will (we still have to get it signed but it is done)
- finish landscaping the backyard
- participate in Anne’s schooling

10 year plan (by 38 years)
- finish having children
- attend my 20 year high school reunion
- build our “forever” house
- learn to fly a plane
- travel to Australia
- learn to scuba dive
- start working part time in something important (maybe a school?)
- invest in property
- take my family to the Caribbean
- love my husband
- continue to raise my daughter
- participate in school activities
- buy a boat

20 year plan (by 48 years)
- continue working out of the home
- take my family to Europe
- spend more time painting
- love my husband
- celebrate Anne’s 21st birthday

30 year plan (by 58 years)
- be a good grandmother should I be blessed to have grandchildren
- attend all of my children’s important events
- consider retirement of my husband
- love my husband
- cherish my children

40 year plan (by 68 years)
- travel to Italy
- take square dance lessons with my husband
- have a greenhouse
- love my husband
- cherish my children and grandchildren

50 year plan (by 78 years)
- hope for great grand children
- do crosswords so I don’t lose my brain

60 year plan (by 88 years)
- live in a senior’s home and play lots of crib
- remember my children and their children’s names
- not be a burden on my family

70 year plan (by 98 years)
- be reunited with my first born son
- join my Celestial family

When I read this I cry. I am looking forward to everything especially the 70 year plan. It seems so far away. I know time flies. It has been almost 6 months since I lost my only son. I am looking forward to meeting him in 70 years and the rest of the family that I have been learning about through genealogy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment